CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Columbia State Park

What a fun day we had today! We ventured to Columbia State Park for Gold Rush Days! The girls really enjoyed it and so did us adults.........lots of walking was done and panning for gold too! Of course I did take a few (okay........tons) of pictures. Would I go somewhere and not take pictures?? So, here you go........................


A fast picture before we roam the town!

Teahouse........this is the place Dan and I love! Last year we had lunch here.

The girls........yes they do get along!


A real stagecoach...........horses and all!



I think you know everyone in this picture..........


Emily and Deirdre in the saloon for lunch.


Deirdre took a picture of us in the saloon for lunch.


Me and my shadow..........I love my shadow!


And me and my other shadow.............yep! I love her too!


A pretty neat photo.


Deirdre and Emily playing a game from back in the day.


Our picture in front of a hearst!


The old school house........1/4 mile walk up a hill to get there.


At one of the desks.


My child in a dunce hat!

Carl's wife, Jenny, sitting at one of the kid's desks.



I took a picture of the schoolhouse in the "antique" setting...........came out real cool!



This flower caught my eye!


A beautiful bed and breakfast on the way to the old schoolhouse.


Deirdre found some real neat rocks to climb all over!


More flowers caught my eye!


Part of an old fireplace in the park.


Jenny, Emily and Carl.


Jenny and me.


The girls are ready to get rich!


Looks like a bunch of rocks to me...........LOL!!

Deirdre getting her one on one lesson to panning for gold.


Now Emily's turn.............

Okay, my brother and I had to give it a try!




























2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to see all the gold you got.

The Adventures of France & Deirdre said...

You will have to talk to Miss Emily.......lol! She got most of it!